JOURNAL ARTICLES AND BOOK CHAPTERS
13. Sheppard, L. D., O’Reilly, J., van Dijke, M., Restubog, S., & Aquino, K. (In press). The stress-relieving benefits of positively experienced social sexual behavior in the workplace. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes.
12. Harrold, M. L. & Sheppard, L. D. (Forthcoming). A help or a hindrance? Workplace consequences of women’s attractiveness. In R. Gurung (Ed.), Routledge Encyclopedia of Psychology in the Real World. London, England: Routledge.
11. Sheppard, L. D., & Johnson, S. (In press). The femme fatale effect: Attractiveness is a liability for businesswomen’s perceived truthfulness, trust, and deservingness of termination. Sex Roles. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11199-019-01031-1
10. Hmieleski, K. M., & Sheppard, L. D. (2019). The yin and yang of entrepreneurship: Gender differences in the importance of communal and agentic characteristics for entrepreneurs’ subjective well-being and performance. Journal of Business Venturing, 34: 709-730.
9. Sheppard, L. D. (2018). Gender differences in leadership aspirations and job and life attribute preferences among U.S. undergraduate students. Sex Roles, 79: 565-577.
8. Sheppard, L. D., & Aquino, K. (2017). Sisters at arms: A theory of female same-sex conflict at work and its problematization in organizations. Journal of Management, 43: 691-715.
7. Netchaeva, E.*, Kouchaki, M.*, & Sheppard, L. D. (2015). A man’s (precarious) place: Men’s experienced threat and self-assertive reactions to female superiors. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 41: 1247-1259.
*Denotes equal authorship
6. Rawski, S., Djurdjevic, E., & Sheppard, L. D. (2014). Occupational stress: Considering the complex interplay of sex, gender, and job roles. In Research in Occupational Stress and Well Being, Volume 12. P. Perrewe, J. Halbesleben, & C. Rosen (Eds.). pp 199-233.
5. Aquino, K., Sheppard, L. D., Watkins, M. B., O’Reilly, J. & Smith, A. (2014). Social sexual behavior at work. Research in Organizational Behavior, 34: 217-236.
4. Sheppard, L. D., & Aquino, K. (2013). Much ado about nothing? Observers’ problematization of women’s same-sex conflict at work. Academy of Management Perspectives, 27: 52-62.
3. Meyer, J. P., Stanley, D. J., Jackson, T. A., McInnis, K. J., Maltin, E. R., & Sheppard, L. (2012). Affective, normative, and continuance commitment levels across cultures: A meta-analysis. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 80: 225-245.
2. Sheppard, L. D., Goffin, R. D., Lewis, R. J., & Olson, J. (2011). The effect of target attractiveness and rating method on the accuracy of trait ratings. Journal of Personnel Psychology, 10: 24-33.
1. Sheppard, L. D., & Vernon, P.A. (2008). Intelligence and speed of information-processing: A review of fifty years of research. Personality and Individual Differences, 44: 535-551.
PUBLICATIONS FOR A GENERAL AUDIENCE
Wieckowski, A., Sheppard, L. D., & Johnson, S. K. (Nov-Dec 2019). Beauty is a liability for women in business. Harvard Business Review.
Sheppard, L. D., & Aquino, K. (2017). Why women get criticized for being candid at work. The Atlantic.
Sheppard, L. D. (2016). Three steps managers can take to address same-sex conflict. Vancouver Business Journal.
Sheppard, L. D. (2014). How to leverage media attention into a tenure-track faculty position. University Affairs.
SELECTED WORKS UNDER REVIEW OR IN-PROGRESS
Oo, P., Creek, S., & Sheppard, L. D. (under 3rd round review). Title redacted for review process. Journal of Management Studies
*Netchaeva, E., *Sheppard, L. D., Morton, S., & Allen, E. (preparing for re-submission). Title redacted for review process. The Leadership Quarterly
*Denotes equal authorship
Sheppard, L. D., Cuttler, C., & McLaughlin, R. (under review). Title redacted for review process. Management Science.
Schabram, K., & Sheppard, L. D. (under review). Title redacted for review process. Journal of Management.
Sheppard, L. D., & Trzebiatowski, T. (draft prepared). Benevolent sexism shields women from negative performance-related feedback. Target journal: Journal of Applied Psychology
Sheppard, L. D., & Allison, T. (data analysis). #Girlbosses, #bossbabes, and the feminization of female entrepreneurship and leadership. Target journal: Journal of Business Venturing
Sheppard, L. D., Kmec, J., Miksys, C., & Loi, L. (data collection). Exploring men’s and women’s daily work and household management. Target journal: Administrative Science Quarterly
Lahiri, A. & Sheppard, L. D. (data collection). Investigating gender differences in reactions to performance feedback. Target journal: Management Science